Saturday, June 29, 2013

Saturday in the park

It was raining again this morning, and I ended up crawling out of bed around 10:00 am. I decided to do at least one touristy activity today and took the metro out to the Jardin du Luxembourg for a look around. By the time I arrived at the park, the sun had come out and warmed things up nicely. Unfortunately, I left my sunglasses at home, so I walked around the park with my eyes practically closed and thus probably missed much of the charm. Nonetheless, the park was quite nice. It seems like a great place to have a picnic or sail tiny toy boats with your kids.

Jardin du Luxembourg
Conveniently, the LGBT pride parade was today on the street right next to the park! I'm glad I got to experience this. It is good to see how open and understanding people are becoming towards each other. There was even a little love for the USA thanks to the recent Supreme Court ruling on DOMA.
LGBT
Well anyway, my internet is being especially annoying tonight so I think I will end it there. Adios!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got to see the sun! The architecture is certainly stunning.

    ReplyDelete