Today was spent reading in the park. I'm reading the Game of Thrones series and just finished the second book today. It was warm outside and the park provided a lively backdrop to my reading. The pond in the center of the park has its fair share of birds lolling about and the park is usually busy with runners and picnickers.
| Pretty poppies and picnicking Parisians. |
The ducks in the park are quite friendly. I'm guessing that they get their fair share of handouts from the picnickers. Several times a duck or two would strut right up to me, look around a bit, and waddle away disappointedly. Sorry ducks!
![]() |
| Ducks and swans at the park. |
There was also a pair of black swans and a pair of white swans in the lake. They seemed to self-segregate which I found interesting. I guess swans mate for life, so perhaps they were paired up before getting plopped into the pond by some park designer. I like the red beaks of the black swans. The white swans have that black lump that protrudes from the top of their beak that makes them look a little mean to me. The faces of these black swans are a little more elegant.
Now I'm going to start reading the third book in the Game of Thrones series. This one is supposed to be really good, so I'm looking forward to it. The first one was so gripping that I found myself reading it at the bus stop, during my lunch break, at my desk as my data copied over -- every chance I got really. The second book was a little slower, but still good.
Well, I'm off to read. I hope you all enjoy your Sunday as well!

It is fun to get lost in a book. I haven't read one of these in awhile. Love the poppies! What a wonderful park.
ReplyDeleteThe park looks great. I've never even seen a photo of a black swan before -- thanks! They are elegant.
ReplyDelete