Friday, June 28, 2013

A decent blueberry tart

Today was spent primarily at work, so I don't have many pictures to show. The most exciting part of my day was the delicious three-cheese sandwich I had for lunch. It had brie, goat's cheese, and some other kind of cheese all piled onto a baguette with lettuce and tomatoes. I'm feeling much more comfortable ordering food at cafes and interacting with people on the street. Most of the people here seem very friendly and are kind when they discover my lingual handicap. 

I've noticed that the part of Paris I live in is exceptionally nice. Maybe I've become so accustomed to the seediness of Berkeley and San Francisco that I'm easy to impress, but goodness, it is posh here. The buses are filled with polite riders, and people on the street are friendly too. I enjoy the respite from the barrage of angry yelling people one inevitably encounters while riding on public transit or walking on the streets around the Bay. In any case, it is probably just a function of the small part of Paris that I spend time in.

I bought myself a blueberry tart from a corner bakery to go with my dinner. It was alright, but I think I can find better. 

A pretty decent blueberry tart.

1 comment: