Today was a pretty good day at work. By the end of the day I had successfully made a sample that I've been struggling to make for the last three days. Hooray for that!
Also, the lab was celebrating excellence in something or other so we had a very posh lunch catered. It was mega-delicious. I mean, very-ultra-extremely delicious. I didn't take any photos because I didn't feel like drawing attention to myself, but it was primarily fancy finger food served on little sticks. There were fromage-marmalade kebabs, fois gras mini sandwiches, melon-meat skewers, mini-eclairs, etc. I tried a little bit of everything and felt comfortably full after lunch. My coworkers were cooing over the food and exclaiming about how it was well above average for French cuisine. Therefore, I feel like I've had my first legitimate fancy French food experience!
After work I did my laundry and made myself some dinner. Somebody else had unlocked the stove so I could actually use it tonight. Unfortunately, that person was not around, so I wasn't able to ask them how to unlock it so I can use it in the future. Nonetheless, I cooked myself some white fish that I purchased yesterday at Picard and ate it with some cherries, a salad, and a souffle fromage that I bought at the little cafe next to my work. These souffles are going to be the death of me. They are dangerously good.
| Dinner |
It was tasty. And now, it is time for bed. Bonne nuit!
Yummy! You are already cooking French!
ReplyDelete