Today was a full workday. I didn't take any pictures, but I have plenty from the weekend and thought I'd show some of my favorite art pieces from the Pompidou Center.
I like this because it is fun to see how the colored glass affects the colors painted on the walls behind it. Also, COLOR!
The one is a room filled with aluminum foil shrouded ghosts. I like it because you walk into the room from behind the figures as if you are walking into a worship service of some sort. It made me feel a little reverent upon entry, but also amused by how space-aged they look.
Again, color! Something about this neon orange made the glass look like it glowed. I was drawn like a mosquito to a zapper.
I actually didn't notice that the guy in the center of the painting was holding a severed head. I think I was drawn to the colors (surprise!) and the overlay of a dotty-type print on a painted background.
This was a cool cave-like thing that we had a fun time crawling around in. Much of the work at the Pompidou center involves really neat materials and textures, but you aren't allowed to touch any of it. It was nice to get to touch something, and even step on it!
This exhibit gave nice respite for my super sore feet. All those little pieces on the table are mounted on spinning disks so the shadows are constantly changing on the walls. Some shadows looked like people alternatively dancing then fighting. They arranged the light in such a way that some of the shadows would stay in approximately the same place on the wall, while others would move across the whole length of the wall and back. It was fun to watch - especially because there was a couch to sit on.
I like this one because of the depth that it creates. Also, all that white stuff is actually a very fine netting. I'm not sure how the artist managed to create such intricate shapes with it. A laser cutter maybe?
These were just hanging there and we weren't even allowed to run through them! A crime.
Welp, I've got to wake up early tomorrow to head over to Amiens where my adviser is giving a seminar. Should be fun!


Wow, all those pieces of art look great! Too bad photos are flat.
ReplyDelete