Friday, July 19, 2013

Last day

I woke up feeling a lot better this morning and had a fairly productive final day at work. I decided to buy some of my favorite foods for dinner. I stopped by my favorite corner cafe and bought the plat du jour with a soufflé au fromage and a fromage blanc with apricot sauce. It was excellent as ever.


 The plat du jour was a chicken leg with a thin tomato sauce on top with a side of ratatouille (pronounced rhaut-ahh-tooo-yuh) and rice. The tomato sauce reminded me a little of a French version of BBQ sauce. It didn't have the same spices, but the effect was similar.

My plane leaves tomorrow around 10:00 am. In celebration of my last evening here, I thought it would be fun to put together a list of my favorite things here in Paris.

1. Soufflé au fromage.


2. Parc Montsouris



3. Warm summer nights
4. Polite public transit patrons
5. Pain au cocao


6. Quiche lorraine (Full disclosure -- this is actually an egg pie with mushrooms. I guess I never took a picture of a quiche lorraine.)

 7. Good croissants


8. This list is very food oriented. 

Anyway, there are other things that I will remember and miss. Sleeping with my windows open, the screeching of purple martins as I drift off to sleep, attempting to say "Merci" with the French gutteral r. Who knows. 

I don't feel too comfortable blogging details of my work/research, but I think the most interesting work related thing I learned during my time here is that some electronic devices will not function under Argon. Good to know. 

Au revoir!

1 comment: