Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Fromage

 I spent the day doing rheology measurements on my polymer samples and discovering a glaring mistake in a calculation I made several months ago. Fortunately, I caught it before submitting anything to a journal, but I still feel bad about it. I checked the calculation several times, but still managed to miss it. *grumble* 

Yesterday, I bought a piece of heart shaped cheese. 

Heart shaped cheese
 The French have this thing where you are supposed to maintain the shape of a piece of cheese when you cut it. For instance, if you have a wedge of cheese, you should slice it so that it remains a wedge of cheese. So, I thought about how I could cut this heart shaped cheese and maintain its shape. I decided the easiest way was to cut it in half and slice equivalently sized slices from the center. Then, I would shave off a little piece at the top to make it look heart-shaped again when I put the two halves back together. 


It didn't work very well. But, it was delicious! 

After eating the cheese on a delicious bagel, I did the 7 minute workout of NYTimes lore. I probably should have rethought the order of those actions.

1 comment:

  1. There's probably also been a NY Times article suggesting that a wedge of quality cheese should be enjoyed over the course of seven minutes. "Slow fromage".

    ReplyDelete